Sunday, 7 March 2010

Chapter 10 - Design an Accessory

Having decided to make a belt as my accessory piece the sketch here was my original design. This design developed as I began constructing and a few of the features had to be changed. How to fasten the belt was a problem and the original idea of having a tassel didnt prove suitable. I changed this to a knotted cord fastener which enabled the plaited threads to be pulled tight. It seemed to take ages to make!! but I'm pleased with the result.



1.















I made a few pieces of felt till I found one that I was happy to use for my belt. This is the piece I chose. I knew I could find 3 interesting areas to cut out for the belt panels.

2.














The Finished Accessory
3.













4.














The Toggles

5.














The Two Front Panels


6.







7.











The Back Panel
8.










Just to prove my accessory is fit for it's purpose I have to show it on!!

9.







10.

4 comments:

stitching in the sun said...

Congratulations Maggie and welcome to Module 4! Your belt is gorgeous, I especially love the toggle area, it's brilliant. And I hope you have some of that fantastic felt left for other projects, it would look amazing on its own, uncut I mean. I have been looking back to all your work for this Module, you must be proud.
Love Daniela

Hazel said...

What a stunning belt, Maggie, love the toggles and the chunky spirals.
Looking forward to module 4?

ferinn said...

What a great outcome ,the felt is lovely and I especially like the way you've used the toggles.I haven't started my wrap yet gardening has intervened but I do have the fabric,really need to get going.

Paula Smith said...

Maggie well done it's beautiful! It looks as if you are enjoying things. I am also having fun albeit slowly. Looking forward to summer school this year. Paula x