Monday, 16 November 2009

Chapter 7 - Button Making

Button Collection















I started with 4 cardboard shapes which I wrapped with fabric and threads adding beads to one and a bow on another. They look more like sweets to me!


















4 Dorset buttons using a variety of fabrics.




















Top left: A stacked covered button - a larger ring wrapped with thread, a smaller ring wrapped with a contrast and a knot in the middle. Top right: two overlapping mono printed fabrics with beads. Middle: 4 different coloured ribbons woven.


















Left: A woven cord button, Right: I spiraled a woollen cord leaving a loop for a toggle.




















Toggle Collection



















Painted tyvek toggles wrapped with metallic threads and burnt.


















Left: rolled fabric as a spiral with a fancy machine edge. Right: Same shape but using felt and adding ribbon and beads.



















From the left: dyed fabric with sequin edges rolled around a piece of BBQ stick. Rolled fabric with corded edging and finally a fabric wrapped stick.

1 comment:

Hazel said...

love the ice cream colours Maggie and the sequinned toggle is delicious!