Friday, 18 December 2009

Chapter 8 - Beads, Beads & more Beads!

Found it really hard to get going on the bead sampler and spent ages avoiding it. I didnt want a regular shaped grid so marked out a swirly part of spirals and hoped the beads would enhance the shape. I began to enjoy it as I progressed ....but now I've had enough of beads for a while and so has the hoover! The fabric colour hasn't come out too well in the photos....2nd photo down probably shows the nearest true colour.









































































































The next 4 photos show trapped and machined beads plus beading as an edging. 1st photo of the whole piece plus 3 close-ups.






































Merry Christmas to all distant stitchers and good health & stitching in 2010.

4 comments:

stitching in the sun said...

Hallo Maggie,
I love your samples! For someone who hated the idea of beading you managed pretty well didn't you.
Merry Christmas to you too

Anne B said...

Gorgeous samplers. Really inventive and everything seems to work together. I have been enjoying the beading more than I ever thought I would and it's quicker than I expected. Will update my blogs soon. Have had flu and ma's been in hospital but now getting back to normal. Have a lovely Xmas Maggie. X

ferinn said...

Wow these are lovely!I have to do this next and like you have not wanted to start but you 've given me inspiration.Have a great festive time.

ferinn said...

Choices,choices!Thanks for your encouraging comments,I'm eager now to get this done.How are you getting on?