Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Chapter 8 - To Apply Paper Pulp to a Woven Fabric

I didnt think I was going to have any time to start this chapter before we go travelling this Friday....but I was keen to 'have-a-go'last weekend ....mind you it was pouring with rain and I had to use the garage floor so didnt have much fun in the end!! Some pieces have dried ok but I'm disappointed with the overall results. See what you think. I hope to take some edges to stitch whilst we're away then may do some more of these later.















The loose threads on the above piece wouldn't adhere into the pulp...I suppose I could cheat and glue them! ...














I had great hopes for this sample from the last chapter (a frayed fabric grid with machine stitching) but it hasn't turned out at all well...disappointing!















I am very pleased with the above piece, the colour of the pulp went just how I wanted and the paper performed ok as I layed it over the hessian














The sample above just about works although may have been better with some pulp over the grig as well.
















I tried this one with string and really like the effect once it has been cut off the frame....feel i could experiment using this technique a little more.














This is my sainsbury's bag from the last chapter dipped in to pulp, I think it will look better off the frame!

2 comments:

ferinn said...

Well done for persevering in the rain!I found that the pulp sometimes engulfed everything and made a nonsense of making grids.I like the string one too.Have a good time travelling.

Fibrenell said...

I do like the string one too. The gaps and holes definitely give more scope don't they. Have a good trip, Maggie.