Monday, 26 July 2010

Surprise -Surprise !!

This is a first for me as I have only posted course work on my blog in the past....but today I had a big surprise ....so have decided to share it with you!!
The Embroiderer's Guild I belong to has just had an exhibition which went very well and as an extra all members were encouraged to submit a piece for the member's competition. We were given a CD case with fabric and 2 reels of silk plus a 2inch square card photocopied from an inspirational abstract picture. From this we could do what ever textile design we liked but could only use colours from our card. Visitors to the Exhibition voted on their favourites. Imagine my surpise when I found out I'd won!! It's given my confidence a boost!! Below is my piece with the card I had underneath.








11 comments:

Hazel said...

How brilliant is that! Well done to you - it's a lovely design

Julie Filmer, The Peacock Emporium said...

Maggie I am really proud of you. I am not surprised you won - the piece is lovely. Next step world domination! Very well done.
Julie

Fibrenell said...

How wonderful, Maggie, well done. You got the colours beautifully.
Helen

Paula Smith said...

Hey girl!! Well done and I knew you could do it! Here's to a positive year! It's beautiful, the colours are lovely and different for you. Great work! Paula.

stitching in the sun said...

Congratulations Maggie, tha't so wonderful It's such a boost to get recognition by people outside the family. Now to the next step, love Daniela

ferinn said...

What a lovely piece,we all knew you were brilliant,now perhaps you will believe it too!Well done onwards and up.

Meg said...

How exciting for you! It must make all your hard work worthwhile. Well done!

Anne B said...

Fantastic news. What a lovely piece of work. Well done you!

katinspace said...

That's really lovely. Now harness all the energy from the well deserved confidence boost, and its up up and away!

Jane said...

Well done, Maggie, its well-deserved.

Stitchloop said...

A well deserved winner. Well done Maggie. Sian