.jpg)
Great weather for this activity!
.jpg)
First 2 pieces of paper: top one is thickish on an interesting mesh.. the next one I tried with less pulp to see how thin I could go....this is a massive learning curve for me!


Adding bits to the surface of the paper.

Creating texture by using a knitted mesh....very difficult to remove afterwards as it got stuck in the knitting!

Adding texture to the paper

Paper Making : Take Two
Laminating - adding texture and colour inbetween 2 pieces of paper.....I think my paper was a little too thick as the coloured threads which are inbetween are very vibrant and don't show through too well....interesting texture.

Fringing - Adding long pieces of thread which are ripped out carefully when nearly dry....I like this idea and will added more threads next time now I see the result.

Making a piece of paper in the shape of a letter - C - worked well, would be interesting with blended colours.

Making a piece of paper with a hole in the shape of a letter T.... this took me a few attempts! I had trouble getting the shape off the mesh as I used a floppier one. Now I know it wasn't the right one to use!!

Here I made a thin layer of paper then added orange and blue pulp randomly on the mesh using a turkey baster before placing it on a cloth to dry. Believe me this looks better in real life than here!

On this final piece I scooped up alternative colours of pulp to lay on the mesh overlapping slightly as I went. This works well and might be useful later in the module. It does seem to make a fairly thick piece of paper but now I know the technique may be able to make a thiner piece if needed.
6 comments:
You look very practised at this activity Maggie.I am waitng still for some of my papers to dry and have yet to attempt the coloured pulp and shapemaking.Love the daisies one.
Hi Maggie,
Yes I'll be at Summer school ,really looking forward to Ruth Issett.Have a good June.
Best wishes ,Jenn
Great. I tried papermaking last year and should have worn my wellies - no kidding, I was paddling by the end of the day. Fun though! See you at Urchfont I hope.
Hope you enjoy your trip Maggie ,looking forward to catching up at Urchfont.
Thanks for your comment! Funny you should say that about the peeling banana I found my second sheet of ideas today with a bag/pot with that idea. I'm not going to post it though cos I can't draw it!! I'll have a go at making a mock-up. See you in July.
Paula
Hi Maggie - hope you pick this message up. I have a copy of "Cover to Cover" if you cannot find it elsewhere. It is paperback and not too heavy so shouldn't be too horrendous to post.
Post a Comment