.jpg)
I was so keen to do some sewing of any kind that I began this sample without any idea where I was going!....to try and save it I did random machine spirals around the border...not sure it was saved more likely sunk!
.jpg)
On the left rows of spirals creating a sort of background pattern. On the right same stitch but forming a spiral.
.jpg)
Hand stitched background with a machine cable stitch over the top.
.jpg)
Lots of tightly machined spirals
.jpg)
Designed a 3 layered spiral pattern then stitched it in stem stitch using variegated silks & a shiny DMC....added a few beads for focus.
.jpg)
Large spiral in buttonhole stitch increasing in size then added a knotted stem stitch in wool.
.jpg)
Each of these large spirals are in whip stitch with varying threads - sometimes 2 threads wound on the bobbin or 2 on top or single threads varying the bobbin tension.

This is a Spiral design worked on water-soluble fabric in hand stitching then free machined over the spiral before putting the support machining across to hold it together.
I think these would be effective when overlapped and couched onto fabrics.
3 comments:
Maggie these are lovely. I really like the spirals in different concentric lines in various threads. I haven't done anything yet as I have been doing up my house so I am hoping to start the diploma in the next month. How are you oherwise?
love Paula
Wow these are fantastic..Your stitched pieces are looking good and I really love your cords,especially the frayed red and green one on the left.I'll have to get going been a bit slow so far.
Regards, Jenn
Wow. Haven't done my cords yet. Yours are very varied. I like your stitched spirals too.
Post a Comment