I came home from summer school full of inspiration (thanks to everyone for making it such fun) and have spent all week tackling with the construction. I intended to use a pieced lining but that didnt work and just argued with the outside of the bag. Sian did say 'let the bag talk' just didnt exspect it to argue with me! I'm happy with the finished result and have enjoyed all aspects of this module.....but will be pleased to spiral into module 3!
One main panel with white stitching
Other main panel with black stitching
Side view with key cord hanging out
Side view with attached purse
The small purse that is attached inside
Just a glimpse of the lining! with the internally attached cord that has a clasp for my keys
Side view showing gusset held in place with a beaded cord
6 comments:
Hi Mummy Maggie,
Gorgeous bag - it now needs a matching outfit - just whip one up! You can look forward to some colour now on the next module. Lots of hugs.
Julie
You have been busy.The bag looks really yummy,you should be pleased.
I've been piecing some fabrics but will probably need to create some more to make my "humbug"cushion just a bit smaller than pillow length.I wish I'd done bigger pieces originally but then you don't know how much you 'll need until the end.Ho -hum
Hi Maggie - well done my girl, the bag is beautiful! You made it really quickly, summer school can have that effect! Look forward to seeing the new module
love Paula
I love it Maggie. It's fresh and bold, a real pleasure to look at and so very wearable. And I love your stitching, it looks natural and beautiful, it's great to see your bag in the garden with flowers all around.
Hurrah! Hurrah! That's one fine looking bag. Well, done, it's great when it all comes together at last, isn't it?
Looks like you won the argument - well done on finishing the bag, I love the attention to detail.
Post a Comment