Thursday, 26 May 2011

Chapter 11 - Making a structure related to Media

I know...it's about time! I can't believe it's 6 months since I last added to my blog! I did have a very uncreative period earlier in the year and since then some health issues to get my head around. Hopefully now I'm back on track. So eventually here is my assessment piece for module 4, which is completely different to my original idea but I feel suits my research and was fun to make. The idea is to keep my travel souvenirs inside the pyramid. Can't wait to start module 5!!



The left hand panel is drawn thread work stitchery in paper with our Egyptian tour tickets saved behind the columns.

1.


















The left hand panel represents the Egyptian people seen on many buildings, machine stitched patterns behind represent hieroglyphics.
2.
















3.


















Left hand panel represents the Egyptians working with stone made with mixed paper and threads and paper in string. The right hand panel represents the Egyptian gardens made with paper, drawn thread work and stitching.
4.

















Looking inside
5.

















Opened out to show all the inside
6.














Twirled goldwork
7.















Stretched and twisted goldwork
8.














Couched goldwork

9.














Using cut chips
10.

7 comments:

Stitchloop said...

It's a stunning piece Maggie. Well done.
Sian

ferinn said...

So glad to see you back.It's a lovely piece I'm glad you used the figures they are so Egyptian without being too representative.Well done!

Anne B said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely. I thought you'd been quiet.

Julie Filmer, The Peacock Emporium said...

Hope you are okay Maggie - thinking about you. Lovely work as usual. Lots of hugs. Julie xxxxx

Jane said...

Excellent - love the way you have used goldwork inside.

Julie Filmer, The Peacock Emporium said...

Maggie - didn't get your email - try The.Peacock.Emporium@gmail.com

Fibrenell said...

I'm late as usual in commenting, but great stuff Maggie. You'll be well into Module 5 by now!!